Water Management Programs
HighGrove is committed to helping our customers be good stewards of the environment. And considering Atlanta’s ongoing water predicament, effectively using and managing the water sources on your Atlanta commercial property is an important part of that.
But a strong water management program is also essential to maintaining a healthy landscape, particularly during conditions involving drought and watering restrictions.
KnowWater is our comprehensive, customizable water management program and provides a range of options to fit your budget.
Our suite of cost-effective water management solutions is designed to save 20 percent to 40 percent of your water use and maximize your water efficiency. An investment in improving your irrigation system can easily pay for itself in water cost savings.
Our Water Management Services
Water Conservation Surveys
We will analyze your current water consumption and evaluate your irrigation zones, pressure, heads, clocks and coverage areas. From our analysis, we will advise you on how to improve your system for the greatest water efficiency. We will identify any areas on your property where there are spray heads that can be turned off or zones that may be upgraded for more effective water use.
Irrigation system renovation
Based on the water conservation survey of your property, we will determine the improvements that need to be implemented to help build a sustainable irrigation program. Our program provides the flexibility to phase in modifications over several years or overhaul your system all at once — we’ll offer your Atlanta commercial property various to achieve your goals, keep you on budget and provide a strong Return on Investment.
Irrigation System Components
As part of our renovation program, we may suggest changes or additions to the following components of your irrigation system.
- Pressure-regulated sprays and rotors
Proper pressure makes water usage more efficient by eliminating the “fogging” effect that increases evaporation. This will also add to the longevity of the system and reduce leaking.
- Rain sensors Rain sensors eliminate irrigation operation during and shortly after precipitation, saving unnecessary watering.
- Advanced head nozzlesNozzles are the smallest part of an irrigation head but one of the most important. Advanced nozzles allow for a more efficient pattern of water and spray angle.
- MP rotatorsMP rotators are some of the most advanced adjustments you can make to your existing heads. Beyond nozzle replacement, these rotators transform your heads into multistream rotors that provide truly efficient delivery and reduce the amount of water flowing through the heads. These allow for the best usage of water while reducing the overall amount applied.
- Soil moisture sensorsSoil moisture sensors, which measure the soil moisture and adjust the run time on the clock accordingly, are the first step toward an irrigation system that can think on its own. Sensors provide an “intelligent” option when coupled with a controller that is able to adjust at the sensor’s direction.
- Advanced controllers These controllers, coupled with various sensors, act as your irrigation system’s “brain.” They can measure not just precipitation but also humidity, wind, solar radiation and other factors to determine the amount of evaporation.
- Drip irrigation Drip irrigation efficiently applies a low volume of water directly around the root zone of the plant which minimizes water loss.
- Rainwater harvesting systems Capturing rainwater from building roofs, surface run-off and HVAC condensation are excellent ways to use our resources wisely. We are strong proponents of reusing water and can provide water harvesting systems such as cisterns for your Atlanta commercial property.